Sunday, March 29, 2015

Have you been to "Art in Bloom" Yet?

I walked off the elevator on Macy's 8th floor and was immediately surrounded by the floral scent of Art in Bloom, Macy's 8th Floor Flower Show.
___________________________________________


I remember the first time I went to a Macy's 8th Floor exhibit. It was 2000 and I was introduced to the magical world of Harry Potter in the best way possible. Surrounded by life-sized sets, characters, and flying broom sticks, I was in awe. When I visited Macy's 8th floor this past weekend, my standards were high. I was expecting to leave with that same childhood amazement that I experienced 15 years ago. And without a doubt, I did.


Floor to ceiling floral displays, so intricately placed in order to mimic the artwork along the walls. This was unlike any garden I've seen. I followed the mob of people as we all moved in unison through each exhibit, mouths and eyes wide open. I felt like Mary Poppins, jumping into each painted picture as it was brought to life.


On a more serious note, the tiny hidden gnomes in each floral scene were my all-time favorite :)





You still have a few more days to catch the Macy's Flower Show, "Art in Bloom"!

Open now through April 4th.
Visit the 8th floor during store hours.

1 comment:

  1. These are so gorgeous!!!
    I'm going to follow you :) I love following MN Blogs! You can follow me too at flirtingwiththedays.blogspot.com on blogger or Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete