Sunday, February 22, 2015

Escape to the Tropics! aka the Como Park Zoo and Conservatory

I admit, I love the snow. But when snow is mixed with heavy winds, icy roads, below zero temps, and too many other unpleasant gifts from Mother Nature, it's no longer something I welcome with open arms. So after a week of questionable weather conditions, I decided to head over to the Como Park Zoo and Conservatory in St. Paul.

It had been a few years since I had visited the conservatory. So when I walked inside, fully bundled in my winter coat and scarf, you bet I was sweating bullets in seconds. Cue Nelly's "Hot in Here"...

Let me tell ya, although this place is toasty, it's also beautiful






I walked around slowly, taking it all in, because it's rare to hear waterfalls hidden behind towering palm trees this time of year. I saw hundreds of different flowers and plants with names I couldn't pronounce, but I stopped to smell every single one...


… Ah, pure perfection! I honestly forgot that it was -32 degrees outside. And while I do love the snow, I love escaping to conservatory every now and then.


 Visit the Como Park Zoo and Conservatory any time of year!

Admission is free but donations are encouraged.

1225 Estabrook Drive

 Saint Paul, MN 55103

No comments:

Post a Comment